In Rome, you have a great opportunity to combine a beach holiday with a cultural one. Today we will learn how to get to the sea from Rome.
The closest city to Rome by the sea is Ostia. The Romans themselves drive cars to other beaches, but if you don't show off, then in Ostia you can also enjoy the warm Tyrrhenian Sea.
- Lido centro - Immediately in the square on the right, look for the Carrefour supermarket, where you can stock up on small cakes and prosciutto. Further on foot in the direction of Piazza dei Ravennati - here is the central pier of Ostia, and there are many beaches nearby. I recommend this option to all budget travelers.
- Christoforo colombo - this is where my favorite Shilling beach (La Rotonda) is located, it is paid (12-14 euros / rent of a sun lounger per day.) There is also a restaurant and a bar with snacks on the territory, so we come here in the summer 1-2 times a week for all day. On weekdays there are fewer people. Nearby there are several beaches in the region of 8-10 euros, so that anyone who wants to save money can try them. As a result, a day in Shilling will not cost two people about 50-100 euros, including entrance fee - 24-28 euros, a snack (cocktail, panini sandwich or salad) in the bar - 20 euros, dinner in a restaurant - about 40-50 euros .
So, we buy a ticket for the metro in Rome for 1.5 euros, it lasts 100 minutes - this is enough time for us to get there. You reach the Piramide metro station, and then follow the signs for Porta S. Paolo Station. Take the FC2 train in the direction of Christoforo Colombo, which runs about once every 15 minutes. Travel time to Lido Centro - 30 minutes, to Christoforo Colombo - 37 minutes. Total with all transfers in 1-1.5-2 hours, you will find yourself by the sea. Directly from the hotel and faster, in 30 minutes and 50 euros, you can get by ordering a transfer in Rome from the most reliable Italian in the world Sergio on the website ru.rome4.us. Taxi drivers from Rome to Ostia will take 70-80 euros.
- FC2 Line Schedule
- Instructions on how to get anywhere in Rome
- Hotel Belvedere - a hotel right on the seafront in the center of Ostia, stayed there a few years ago.
- Hotel Ping Pong is a neighboring hotel, essentially just two strategically well located. So you can safely consider the option of living from April to October by the sea, and go to Rome for a walk in the afternoon.
On a map specially put to you all the key points, a good tan and warm sea.
If you are going to the sea from Rome, then I recommend at the same time to visit an interesting excursion to Ancient Ostia.