Pupa is a world-famous Italian brand specializing in the production of decorative cosmetics and perfumes. It is currently owned by the large multinational company Micys Company. Pupa products can be purchased not only in Italy, but also in several other European countries, including Russia.
The Pupa brand was founded in 1976 as one of the brands of a large Italian company called the Micys Company. Its creators were members of the famous Gatti family in Italy.
Initially, Pupa makeup was conceived as an exclusively teenage line. The target audience of the company was young girls aged 12 to 20 years, as well as young, confident women under 35 years old. The first released collection of the brand included gentle shadows of powdery texture, masking and matting agents (foundation, powders), gloss and lipsticks, some perfume products.
A peculiar innovation, the invention of the company were branded cosmetic sets, which were presented in stores in beautiful holiday packages. This made it possible to purchase products not only for personal use, but also as a gift.
It is noteworthy that the name of the company "Pupa" is translated into Russian as "beauty", "doll", so it is not surprising that its first products were packed in doll bottles and boxes. Leading designers of the Micys Company, as well as the founder of the label, Mr. Gatti, worked on the design of cosmetic sets and products.
Pupa was the discovery of 1976, an innovation in the market of cosmetics and perfumes:
- Firstly, the offered goods were indeed distinguished by a light texture that did not clog the pores of delicate teenage skin;
- Secondly, products, dressed in bright, catchy and unusual bottles, immediately attracted the attention of customers, literally forcing themselves to buy.
The exclusive and unique design of each package has become a marketing-savvy solution. It was this conspicuous detail possessed by Pupa decorative cosmetics that allowed the brand to quickly gain a foreign client and enter the world stage. Thus, by the 1980s, company stores and representative offices were opened in countries such as Japan, the USA, France and the United Kingdom.
In the 1990s, the brand continued to actively develop, offering its customers an increasingly rich and extensive line of products. So, in 1996, the first perfume fragrance in the history of Pupa was released - "Fiorilu". It incorporates the best floral-fruity and woody notes, which in combination gave the world amazingly delicate female perfumes. The end of the 1990s was marked by the release of trendy ultra-pearlescent shades and double lipsticks, which quickly gained dizzying popularity.
Currently, Pupa is considered one of the leading cosmetics and perfume brands in the mass market line. As part of this brand, a huge number of cosmetics are produced.
- Foundation creams;
- Bronze, matting, friable and baked powders;
Means for manicure:
- Manicure accessories (nail files, scissors, etc.);
- Varnishes of various textures and shades.
- Basics for makeup;
- Eyebrow care products;
- The pencils.
Pupa stands out against all other brands represented in cosmetic and perfume stores due to its original and unusual design. So, in appearance, product design, one of the leading roles is still assigned, and style development is carried out in two directions - classic and modern (modern).
When developing the design of a new collection, the main goal of the brand’s designers is to amaze the imagination of their customers, to create cosmetics that would not only be useful when performing makeup, but also provide aesthetic pleasure.
Over the long period of its existence, Pupa has managed to retrain from an exclusively teenage brand into a self-sufficient line of cosmetics, which includes products for a buyer of different ages. So, for example, moisturizers for the neck and décolleté area are highly appreciated, intended for women from 40 years old.
According to the creators of the brand themselves, their main goal is to demonstrate the beauty and natural attractiveness of a woman, her amazing charm and natural gloss. It is products from Pupa that are able to show and enhance all these qualities.
Where to buy cosmetics and perfumes Pupa
Today, Pupa cosmetics and perfumes can be found in more than 80 countries around the world. As for Russia, here the brand's products are presented in such large cosmetic and perfumery boutiques as:
- RIVE GAUCHE;
- Ile de Beaute.
In addition, Pupa cosmetics can be purchased at a number of online stores:
- The brand released a limited collection of cosmetics, the goods of which were disguised as various animals: cubs, bees, mice and others. Perfume goods were packed in bottles that resembled the flowers used in the preparation of the aroma.
- One of the series of the brand was made in the form of special "chests", inside each of which, in addition to the Pupa product itself, there was a pleasant "compliment" to the customer.
- A peculiar feature of Pupa is red and red lipstick, with which the majority associates this brand. It is "woman in red" (woman in red) that is the unspoken symbol of the company.